Friday, March 31, 2017

Reflecting on SOLing

I have been really fortunate to be able to participate in the Slice Of Life Challenge this month. Having to write something every day has really made me aware of my writing. The first thing that SOLing has helped me with is being aware of my life. I have to come up with something to write about every day, and all of this is about my own life, so I have become more aware of what is happening in may day. Sometimes, I will have moments where I think "hey, this will make a great slice!", which is really great. The next thing that slicing has helped me with was my reflection skills. I have to be able to look back into a certain day, or just memorable things in my life and make a story about them. I also have become more aware of my writing style. I have found that I have more trouble putting personality in my writing and am much better at just writing down the facts.

I find it really incredible that the challenge spreads so far. It is so cool to be able to read about the lives of the people on the other side of the world. Also, I have learned things that I would never have thought about before. For instance, one of the teachers from Saudi Arabia posted their class's blog and talked about how they hadn't been able to post because there was a sand day. A sand day. I never realized that there was such a thing. but when you think about the concept, it makes perfect sense. I bet that the same is true in reverse, that they have never really though of snow days before.

And here is the final animal for the SOL challenge...




photo credit: doranyiro Uma via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflecting on SOLing

I have been really fortunate to be able to participate in the Slice Of Life Challenge this month. Having to write something every day has re...